Sunday, January 13, 2008

My Mom Made Me Do It ...


Ever the supportive parent, my mother (who will heretofore be referred to as Nancy) insisted that I include one of her clever neologisms on my "little blog."
As her prodigal, mercurial and occasionally loving son, I obliged. As long as she promised to pass out my Quixotica business cards to all her friends and complete strangers.

Thanks Nancy for your submission! You're an honorary FOQer now! Or is that mother-FOQer?

Oops, did I say that?


Waitlift
[weyt-lift]
n., the process, often laborious and tediously slow, by which a senior citizen (like my parents, for example) navigates his/her way up a set of stairs; this is especially chronic among those who suffer for arthritis, joint pain, sciatica or any other similar degenerative medical condition.
This technique is often characterized by repetitive step-stop-break-reassessment pattern. It can be especially frustrating and time-consuming for non-seniors who happen to find themselves walking behind a waitlifter; Usually, out of respect for one's elders, those with high-functioning ambulatory skills do not usually complain or attempt a pass, ... and instead choose to walk patiently behind their more senior brethren.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger